- B.S., Nankai University
- Ph.D., Peking University
- Postdoctoral: University of Texas at Austin
Current Research Interests
- Mass spectrometry imaging; Artificial intelligence; Cancer research; Clinical translation.
- Google scholar
We are looking for postdoctoral fellows, research assistants and PhD candidates, please contact Dr. Zhang directly through email.
- J. Zhang, M. Sans, R. J. DeHoog, K. Y. Garza, M. E. King, C. L. Feider, A. Bensussan, M. F. Keating, J. Q. Lin, S. Povilaitis, N. Katta, T. E. Milner, W. Yu, C. Nagi, S. Dhingra, C. Pirko, K. A. Brahmbhatt, G. Van Buren, S. Carter, A. Thompson, R. H. Grogan, J. Suliburk*, and L. S. Eberlin*, Clinical Translation and Evaluation of the MasSpec Pen Technology for Surgical Use, Clinical Chemistry, 2021, in press.
- J. Zhang, M. Sans, K. Y. Garza, and L. S. Eberlin*, Mass Spectrometry Technologies to Advance Care for Cancer Patients in Clinical and Intraoperative Use, Mass Spectrometry Reviews, 2020, accepted, doi.org/10.1002/mas.21664
- M. F. Keating, J. Zhang, C. L. Feider, S. Retailleau, R. Reid, A. Antaris, B. Hart, G. Tan, T. E. Milner, K. Miller, and L. S. Eberlin*, Integrating the MasSpec Pen to the da Vinci Surgical System for in vivo Tissue Analysis during a Robotic Assisted Porcine Surgery, Analytical Chemistry, 2020, 92, 11535–11542.
- J. Zhang, S. Li, J. Q. Lin, W. Yu*, and L. S. Eberlin*, Mass Spectrometry Imaging enables Discrimination of Renal Oncocytoma from Renal Cell Cancer Subtypes and Normal Kidney Tissues, Cancer Research, 2020, 80, 689-698.
- J. Zhang*, Application of Ambient Ionization Mass Spectrometry in Tumor Diagnosis, Journal of Instrumental Analysis, 2020, 39, 50-56.
- R. DeHoog#, J. Zhang#, E. Alore, J. Q. Lin, W. Yu, S. Woody, C. Alendariz, M. Lin, A. F Engelsman, S. B Sidhu, R. Tibshirani*, J. Suliburk*, and L. S. Eberlin*, Preoperative Diagnosis of Thyroid Nodules using Non-Destructive Mass Spectrometry Imaging of Fine Needle Aspiration Biopsies, Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, 2019, 116, 21401-21408. (# contribute equally)
- M. Sans#, J. Zhang#, J. Q. Lin, N. Giese, C. L. Feider, M. T. Breen, K. Sebastian, J. Liu, A. K Sood, and L. S. Eberlin*, Performance of the MasSpec Pen for Rapid Diagnosis of Ovarian Cancer, Clinical Chemistry, 2019, 65, 674-683. (# contribute equally, Cover Page Article)
- J. Zhang, J. Rector, J. Lin, J. H. Young, M. Sans, N. Katta, N. Giese, W. Yu, C. Nagi, J. Suliburk, J. Liu, A. Bensussan, R. J. DeHoog, K. Y. Garza, B. Ludolph, A. G. Sorace, A. Syed, A. Zahedivash, T. Milner, and L. S. Eberlin*, Nondestructive Tissue Analysis for Ex Vivo and In Vivo Cancer Diagnosis Using a Handheld Mass Spectrometry System, Science Translational Medicine, 2017, 9, eaan3968. (Cover Page Article, ESI Highly Cited Paper)
- J. Zhang, W. Yu, S. Ryu, R. J. Tibshirani, J. Suliburk, and L. S. Eberlin*, Cardiolipins Are Biomarkers of Mitochondria-Rich Oncocytic Tumors, Cancer Research, 2016, 76, 6588-6597.
- J. Zhang, W. Yu, J. Suliburk, and L. S. Eberlin*, Will Ambient Ionization Mass Spectrometry Become an Integral Technology in the Operating Room of the Future? Clinical Chemistry, 2016, 62, 1172-1174.
- J. Zhang, Z. Li, C. Zhang, B. Feng, Z. Zhou, Y. Bai, and H. Liu*, Graphite-Coated Paper as Substrate for High Sensitivity Analysis in Ambient Surface-Assisted Laser Desorption/Ionization Mass Spectrometry, Analytical Chemistry, 2012, 84, 3296-3301.
- J. Zhang, Z. Zhou, W. Zhang, Y. Bai*, and H. Liu, Thin Layer Chromatography/Plasma Assisted Multiwavelength Laser Desorption Ionization Mass Spectrometry for Facile Separation and Selective Identification of Low Molecular Weight Compounds, Analytical Chemistry, 2012, 84, 1496-1503.