- B.Sc., City University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
- Ph.D., The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
- Postdoctoral: City University of Hong Kong and Durham University, UK
Current Research Interests
- Bioinorganic Chemistry, Luminescent Materials, Lanthanide Chemistry and Spectroscopy.
- J. Zhang, W.-L. Chan, C. Xie, Y. Zhou, P. Maity, G. T. Harrison, A. Amassian, O. Mohammed, P. A. Tanner*, W.-K. Wong*, and , ‘Impressive near-infrared brightness and singlet oxygen generation from strategic lanthanide–porphyrin double–decker complexes in aqueous solution’, Light: Science & Applications, (2019) In Press.
- Y. Luo, Z. Liu, H.-T. Wong, L. Zhou, , K.-K. Shiu and P. A. Tanner*, “Energy Transfer between Tb3+ and Eu3+ in LaPO4: pulsed vs switched-off continuous wave excitation”, Advanced Science, (2019) 1900487.
- T. Clough, L. Jiang, and N. J. Long*, ‘Ligand design strategies to increase stability of gadolinium-based MRI contrast agents’, Nature Communications, 10 (2019) 1420.
- G. Bao, , D. Jin and P. A. Tanner, “A Stoichiometric terbium-europium dyad molecular thermometer: Energy transfer properties", Light: Science & Applications, 7 (2018) 96.
- L. Jiang, R. Lan, T. Huang, C.-F. Chan, H. Li, S. Lear, J. Zong, W.-Y. Wong, M. M.-Lan Lee, B. D. Chan, W.-L. Chan, W.-S. Lo, N.-K. Mak,* M. L. Lung, G. S. Taylor, Z.-X. Bian, W. C. S. Tai, G.-L. Law,* W.-T. Wong,* S. L. Cobb,* and , ‘EBNA1-targeted probe for the imaging and growth inhibition of tumours associated with the Epstein–Barr virus’, Nature Biomedical Engineering, (2017) 0042. (Highlighted in Nature Biomedical Engineering, 2017, 0059 and Cell Chemical Biology, 2017, 647-648)
- H. Li, C. Xie, R. Lan, S. Zha, C.-F. Chan, W.-Y. Wong, K.-L. Ho, B. D. Chan, Y. Luo, J.-X. Zhang, G.-L. Law, W. C. S. Tai, J.-C. Bunzli and , ‘A smart europium-ruthenium complex as anticancer prodrug: Controllable drug release and real-time monitoring under different light excitations’, Journal of Medicinal Chemistry, (2017) 60, 8923-8932.
- A. Nonat, C.- F. Chan, T. Liu, C. Platas-Iglesias, Z. Li, Wing-Tak Wong, W.-K. Wong, , and L. J. Charbonnière* ‘Room temperature molecular up-conversion in solution’, Nature Communications, (2016) 11978.
- Z. Liang, T.-H. Tsoi, C.-F. Chan, L. Dai, Y. Wu, G. Du, L. Zhu, C.-S. Lee, W.-T. Wong, G.-L. Law and , ‘A smart “off-on” gate for in-situ detection of hydrogen sulphide with Cu(II)-assisted europium emission’, Chemical Science, (2016) 7, 2151-2156.
- H. Li, R. Lan, C.-F. Chan, L. Jiang, L. Dai, M. H.-W. Lam and , ‘Real-time in-situ monitoring via europium emission of the photo-release of antitumor cisplatin from a Eu-Pt complex’, Chemical Communications, (2015) 14022-14025. (Inside front cover)
- T. Zhang, R. Lan, C.-F. Chan, G.-L. Law, W.-K. Wong and , ‘In vivo selective cancer tracking gadolinium eradicator as new generation photodynamic therapy agent’, Proceedings of National Academy of Science USA, (2014) 111, E5492-E5497.
- T. Zhang, C.-F. Chan, R. Lan, H. Li, N.-K. Mak, W.-K. Wong and , ‘Potential differentiation of cancer cells imaging bioprobes by porphyrin-based ytterbium complexes targeting anionic phospholipid membrane’, Chemical Communications, (2013) 49, 7258-7260.
- T. Zhang, X. Zhu, W.-M. Kwok, C. T.-L. Chan, H.-L. Tam, W.-K. Wong and , ‘Water-soluble mitochondria-specific ytterbium complex with impressive NIR emission’, Journal of the American Chemistry Society, (2011) 50, 20120-20122.