- B.Sc., Peking University, China
- Ph.D., University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, USA
- Postdoctoral: Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Hong Kong
Current Research Interests
- Atmospheric chemistry; Characterization and source apportionment of organic aerosols and PM-associated toxicity.
Position available for Ph.D. Student and Research Assistant
- Y. Cheng, Y. Ma, D. Hu*, “Tracer-based source apportioning of atmospheric organic carbon and the influence of anthropogenic emissions on secondary organic aerosol formation in Hong Kong”, Atmospheric Chemistry & Physics, , doi.org/10.5194/acp-2021-32 (2021).
- Y. Cheng, Y. Ma, B. Dong, X. Qiu, D. Hu*, “Pollutants from primary sources dominate the oxidative potential of water-soluble PM2.5 in Hong Kong in terms of dithiothreitol (DTT) consumption and hydroxyl radical production”, Journal of Hazardous Materials, , 124218, doi:10.1016/j.jhazmat.2020.124218 (2021).
- Y. Ma, Y. Cheng, G. Cao, J. Z. Yu, D. Hu*, “Speciation of carboxylic components in humic-like substances (HULIS) and source apportionment of HULIS in ambient fine aerosols (PM2.5) collected in Hong Kong”, Environmental Science and Pollution Research, , 23172-23180, doi:10.1007/s11356-020-08915-w (2020).
- F. Xu, X. Shi, X. Qiu*, X. Jiang, Y. Fang, J. Yang, D. Hu, T. Zhu, “Investigation of the chemical components of ambient fine particulate matter (PM2.5) associated with in vitro cellular responses to oxidative stress and inflammation”, Environmental International, , 105475, doi:10.1016/j.envint.2020.105475 (2020).
- Y. Ma, Y. Cheng, X. Qiu, G. Cao, B. Kuang, J. Z, Yu, D. Hu*, “Optical properties, source apportionment and redox activity of humic-like substances (HULIS) in airborne fine particulates in Hong Kong”, Environmental Pollution, , 113087, doi:10.1016/j.envpol.2019.113087 (2019).
- J. L. Wu, F. Ji, H. Zhang, C. Hu, M. H. Wong, D. Hu*, Z. Cai*, “Formation of dioxins from triclosan with active chlorine: A potential risk assessment”, Journal of Hazardous Materials, , 128-136 (2019).
- Y. Ma, Y. Cheng, X. Qiu*, G. Cao, Y. Fang, J. Wang, T. Zhu, J. Yu, D. Hu*, “Sources and oxidative potential of water-soluble humic-like substances (HULISWS) in fine particulate matter (PM2.5) in Beijing”, Atmos. Chem. Phys., , 5607-5617 (2018).
- G. Cao*, X. Zhao, D. Hu, R. Zhu, F. Ouyang, “Development and application of a quantification method for water soluble organosulfates in atmospheric aerosols”, Environ. Pollut., , 316-322 (2017).
- Y. Ma, Y. Cheng, X. Qiu*, Y. Lin, J. Cao, D. Hu*, “A Quantitative Assessment of Source Contributions to Fine Particulate Matter (PM2.5)-bound Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons (PAHs) and their Nitrated and Hydroxylated Derivatives in Hong Kong”, Environ. Pollut., , 742-749 (2016).
- K. F. Ho*, S. S. H. Ho, R. -J. Huang, H. -C. Chuang*, J. -J. Cao, Y. Han, K. H. Lui, Z. Ning, K. -J. Chuang, T. -J. Cheng, S. C. Lee, D. Hu, B. Wang, R. Zhang, “Chemical composition and bioreactivity of PM2.5) during 2013 haze events in China”, Atmospheric Environment, , 162-170 (2016).
- Y. Lin, Y. Ma, X. Qiu*, R. Li, Y. Fang, J. Wang, Y. Zhu, D. Hu*, “Sources, Transformation, and Health Implications of Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons (PAHs) and their Nitrated, Hydroxylated, and Oxygenated Derivatives in Fine Particulate Matter (PM2.5) in Beijing”, J. Geophys. Res. Atmos., , 7219-7228 (2015).
- J. Wu, C. Hu, C. Li, Z. Cai*, D. Hu*, “Determination of 2.8-dichlorodibenzo-p-dioxin in Toothpaste and Mouthwash Consumer Products Using GC-MS,” Environ. Sci. Pollut. Res., , 18927-18932 (2015).