- B.Sc., Peking University, China
- Ph.D., University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, USA
- Postdoctoral: Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Hong Kong
Current Research Interests
- Atmospheric chemistry; Characterization and source apportionment of organic aerosols and PM-associated toxicity.
- Y. Ma, Y. Cheng, X. Qiu, G. Cao, Y. Fang, J. Wang, T. Zhu, J. Yu, D. Hu, “Sources and oxidative potential of water-soluble humic-like substances (HULISWS) in fine particulate matter (PM2.5) in Beijing”, Atmos. Chem. Phys., , 5607-5617 (2018).
- G. Cao, X. Zhao, D. Hu, R. Zhu, F. Ouyang, “Development and application of a quantification method for water soluble organosulfates in atmospheric aerosols”, Environ. Pollut., , 316-322 (2017).
- Y. Ma, Y. Cheng, X. Qiu, Y. Lin, J. Cao, D. Hu, “A Quantitative Assessment of Source Contributions to Fine Particulate Matter (PM2.5)-bound Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons (PAHs) and their Nitrated and Hydroxylated Derivatives in Hong Kong”, Environ. Pollut., , 742-749 (2016).
- K. H. Lui, B. A. M. Bandowe, S. S. H. Ho, H. C. Chuang, J. J. Cao, K. J. Chuang, S. C. Lee, D. Hu, K. F. Ho, “Characterization of Chemical Components and Bioreactivity of Fine Particulate Matter (PM2.5) during Incense Burning”, Environ. Pollut., , 524-532 (2016).
- Y. Lin, Y. Ma, X. Qiu, R. Li, Y. Fang, J. Wang, Y. Zhu, D. Hu, “Sources, Transformation, and Health Implications of Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons (PAHs) and their Nitrated, Hydroxylated, and Oxygenated Derivatives in Fine Particulate Matter (PM2.5) in Beijing”, J. Geophys. Res. Atmos., , 7219-7228 (2015).
- J. Wu, C. Hu, C. Li, Z. Cai, D. Hu, “Determination of 2.8-dichlorodibenzo-p-dioxin in Toothpaste and Mouthwash Consumer Products Using GC-MS,” Environ. Sci. Pollut. Res., , 18927-18932 (2015).
- J. Zhang, L. Zhang, R. Li, D. Hu, N. Ma, S. Shuang, Z. Cai, C. Dong, “Magnetic Graphene Composites as both an Adsorbent for Sample Enrichment and A MALDI-TOF MS Matrix for the Detection of Nitropolycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons in PM2.5”, Analyst, , 1711-1716 (2015).
- K. F. Ho, S. S. H. Ho, R. J. Huang, S. X. Liu, J. J. Cao, T. Zhang, H. C. Chuang, C. S. Chan, D. Hu, L. Tian, “Characteristics of Eater-soluble Organic Nitrogen in Fine Particulate Matter in the Continental Area of China”, Atmos. Environ., , 252-261 (2015).
- D. Hu and J. Yu, “Secondary Organic Aerosol Tracers and Malic acid in Hong Kong: Seasonal Trends and Origins”, Environ. Chem., 10(5), 381-394 (2013).
- D. Hu, Q. Bian, A. K. H. Lau and J. Yu, “Source Apportioning of Primary and Secondary Organic Carbon in Summer PM2.5 in Hong Kong Using Positive Matrix Factorization of Secondary and Primary Organic Tracer Data”, J. Geophys. Res. Atmos., , D16204 (2010).
- D. Hu, Q. Bian, T. W. Y. Li, A. K. H. Lau and J. Yu, “Contributions of Isoprene, Monoterpenes, b-caryophyllene, and Toluene to Secondary Organic Aerosol in Hong Kong during the Summer of 2006”, J. Geophys. Res. Atmos., , D22206 (2008).
- D. Hu, M. Tolocka, Q. Li and R. M. Kamens, “A Kinetic Mechanism for Predicting Secondary Organic Aerosol Formation from Toluene Oxidation in the Presence of NOx and Natural Sunlight”, Atmos. Environ., , 6478-6496 (2007).