- B.E., Tsinghua University
- Ph.D. & Postdoc, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign
Current Research Interests
- Protein-based multifunctional nanomaterials, Targeted drug delivery with triggered and controlled release properties, Functional biodegradable materials for biomedical and environmental applications.
- Dong Zhang, Yi Wang*s. Functional protein based bioinspired nanomaterials: From coupled proteins, synthetic approaches, nanostructures to applications. International Journal of Molecular Sciences. 2019, 20 (12), 3054.
- Jie Zeng, Wenxuan Yu, Xiaoli Dong, Shanting Zhao, Zhe Wang, Yajie Liu, Man-sau Wong, Yi Wang*. A nanoencapsulation suspension biomimetic of milk structure for enhanced maternal and fetal absorptions of DHA to improve early brain development. Nanomedicine: Nanotechnology, Biology, and Medicine. 2019, 15 (1), 119-128.
- Heting Hou, Dong Zhang, Jie Zeng, Liping Zhou, Zhe Wang, Maojin Yao, Jiaoyan Ren, Nan Hu, Yi Wang*. Bilayer nanocarriers with protein-acid conjugation for prolonged release and enhanced anticancer effects. Langmuir. 2019, 35 (10), 3710-3716.
- Heting Hou, Dong Zhang, Jiewen Lin, Yingying Zhang, Chengyong Li, Zhe Wang, Jiaoyan Ren, Maojin Yao, Ka-hing Wong, Yi Wang*. Zein-paclitaxel prodrug nanoparticles for redox-triggered drug delivery and enhanced therapeutic efficiency. Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry. 2018, 66 (44), 11812-11822.
- Fangyuan Dong, Xiaoli Dong, Liping Zhou, Huihui Xiao, Pui-Yu Ho, Man-Sau Wong, Yi Wang*. Doxorubicin-loaded biodegradable self-assembly zein nanoparticle and its anti-cancer effect: preparation, in vitro evaluation, and cellular uptake. Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces. 2016, 140, 324-331.
- Fangyuan Dong, Mi Zhang, Wenyu Huang, Liping Zhou, Man-Sau Wong, Yi Wang*. Superhydrophobic/hydrophobic nanofibrous network with tunable cell adhesion: Fabrication, Characterization and Cellular Activities. Colloids and Surfaces A: Physicochemical and Engineering Aspects. 2015, 482, 718-723.
- Wai-Wa Tang, Fangyuan Dong, Ka-Hing Wong, Yi Wang*. Preparation, characterization and in vitro release of a zein-pectin capsule for target delivery. Current Drug Delivery. 2015, 12 (4), 397-405.
- Fangyuan Dong, Mi Zhang, Wai-Wa Tang, Yi Wang*. Formation and Mechanism of Superhydrophobic/hydrophobic Surfaces Made from Amphiphiles Through Droplet-mediated Evaporation-induced Self-assembly. Journal of Physical Chemistry B. 2015, 119 (16), 5321-5327.