- B.Sc.(Hons), UTAR
- Ph.D., The University of Hong Kong
- Postdoctoral: Duke-NUS Medical School
Current Research Interests
- Primary cilia biology & Sonic hedgehog signalling,Developmental Neuroscience, Molecular Genetics,Human stem cells & disease modelling, neurobiology in viral infection.
- Link to Interdisciplinary Research website.
- An interdisciplinary research project led by Dr Catherine HOR
Positions available for Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Research Assistant, and Research Postgraduate student (PhD)
- CHH Hor*, JCW Lo, ALS Cham, WY Leong, and ELK. Goh* (2021). Multifaceted functions of Rab23 on primary cilium and Hedgehog signaling-mediated granule cell proliferation. Journal of Neuroscience.41(32), 6850-6863 *Co-corresponding author. Cover page article.
- CHH Hor and EL Goh (2019) Small GTPases in Hedgehog signaling: emerging insights into the disease mechanism of ciliopathies. Current Opinion in Genetics & Development. 56, 61-68
- CW Tan, CHH Hor, SS Kwek, IC Sam, YF Chan, EL Goh, EE Ooi, LF Wang. (2019) Cell surface α2,3-linked sialic acid facilitates Zika virus internalization. Emerging Microbes and Infections. 8 (1), 426-437
- CHH Hor and BL Tang. (2019) Beta-propeller protein-associated neurodegeneration (BPAN) as a genetically simple model of multifaceted neuropathology resulting from defects in autophagy. Reviews in the neurosciences. 30(3), 261-277
- CHH Hor and EL Goh (2018) Rab23 regulates radial migration of projection neurons via N-cadherin. Cerebral Cortex, 28(4), 1516-1531. Cover page article.
- CHH Hor*, BL Tang and EL Goh* (2018) Rab23 and developmental disorders. Reviews in the neurosciences. 29 (8) 849-860 *Co-corresponding author
- W Pan, HH Hor, CC Hui, MH Sham (2017) Regulation of mammalian hindbrain neural progenitor proliferation and differentiation by Suppressor of fused and β-catenin. Mechanisms of Dev 145, S123
- CHH Hor, H Liou and EL Goh (2017) Rab23 Regulates Radial Migration of Projection Neurons via PDGFRα-Mediated Expression of N-cadherin. Mechanisms of Dev 145, S118.
- T Ng, CH Hor, B Chew, J Zhao, Z Zhong, JR Ryu, and EL Goh (2016) Neuropilin 2 signaling is involved in cell positioning of adult-born neurons through GSK3b. J Biol. Chem., 291(48): 25088-25095.
- Y Chen, HH Hor and BL Tang (2012) AMIGO is expressed in multiple brain cell types and may regulate dendritic growth and neuronal survival. J Cell Physiol. 227(5), 2217-2229.
- CH Hor and BL Tang (2010) Sonic hedgehog as a chemoattractant for adult NPCs. Cell Adh Migr. 4(1), 1-3.
- FYH Teng, CHH Hor and BL Tang BL. (2009) Emerging cues mediating astroglia lineage restriction of progenitor cells in the injured/diseased adult CNS. Differentiation 77, 121–127.