- Bachelor of Technology Management (Biotechnology) (Honors) University of Western Sydney, Macarthur, Australia
- PhD Biochemistry, The Chinese University of Hong Kong
Current Research Interests
- Development of anti-Epstein-Barr virus (EBV) inhibitors and imaging agents for nasopharyngeal carcinoma (NPC); cancer immunology, cancer cachexia and metabolism, and tumor metastasis of NPC; Identification of therapeutic targets and potential drugs for NPC and esophageal squamous cell carcinoma using normal and cancer organoid models.
- Chen L, Chiang YC, Chan LS, Chau WY, Lung ML, Kahn M, Lo KW, Mak NK, Lung HL*. "The CBP/β-Catenin antagonist, ICG-001, inhibits tumor metastasis via blocking of the miR-134/ITGB1 axis-mediated cell adhesion in nasopharyngeal carcinoma." Cancers (Basel) 2022, 2022;14(13):3125.
- Chau H.F, Wu Y, Fok W-Y, Thor W, Cho WC-S, Ma P, Lin J, Mak N-K, Bünzli J-CG*, Jiang L*, Long NJ*, Lung HL*, Wong K-L* (*co-corresponding authorship) "Lanthanide-based peptide-directed Vis/NIR imaging and inhibition of LMP1." JACS Au 2021, 1(7):1034-1043.
- Zha S, Chau H-F, Chau WY, Chan LS, Lin J, Lo KW, Cho WC-S, Yip YL, Tsao SW, Farrell PJ, Feng L, Di JM*, Law G-L*, Lung HL*, Wong K-L* (*co-first authorship, #co-corresponding authorship) "Dual-targeting peptide-guided approach for precision delivery and cancer monitoring by using a safe upconversion nanoplatform." Advanced Science 2020, https://doi.org/10.1002/advs.202002919.
- Jiang L#, Lung HL#*, Huang T#, Lan R#, Zha S, Chan LS, Thor W, Tsoi T-H, Boreström C, Cobb S, Tsao SW, Bian Z-X, Law G-L*, Wong W-T, Tai WC-S, Chau WY, Du Y, Tang LHX, Chiang AKS, Middeldorp JM, Lo KW, Mak N-K*, Long NJ*, Wong K-L* (#co-first authorship, *co-corresponding authorship), "Reactivation of Epstein-Barr virus by a dual-responsive fluorescent EBNA1-targeting agent with Zn2+-chelating function." PNAS 2019, 116(52):26614-24.
- Lung HL*#, Kan R*, Chau WY, Man OY, Fong CH, Mak NK, Lung ML#. (*co-first authorship, #co-corresponding authorship), "IKKbeta is a drug target in nasopharyngeal carcinoma." Scientific Reports 2019, 9(1):12064.
- Yang X, Liang R, Liu C, Liu JA, Cheung MPL, Liu X, Man, OY, Guan X-Y, Lung HL*, Cheung M*. (*co-corresponding authorship) "SOX9 is a dose-dependent metastatic fate determinant in melanoma." Journal of Experimental & Clinical Cancer Research 2019, 38(1):17.
- Zha S, Fung YH, Chau HF, Ma P, Lin J, Wang J, Chan LS, Zhu G, Lung HL*, Wong KL* (*co-corresponding authorship), "Responsive upconversion nanoprobe for monitoring and inhibition of EBV-associated cancers via targeting EBNA1." Nanoscale 2018, 10(33):15632-15640.
- Lung HL*, Man OY, Yeung MC, Ko JM, Cheung AK, Law EW, Yu Z, Shuen WH, Tung E, Chan SH, Bangarusamy DK, Cheng Y, Yang X, Kan R, Phoon Y, Chan KC, Chua D, Kwong DL, Lee AW, Ji MF, Lung ML*. (*co-corresponding authorship) "SAA1 polymorphisms are associated with variation in antiangiogenic and tumor-suppressive activities in nasopharyngeal carcinoma." Oncogene 2015, 34(7):878-89.
- Lung HL, Cheung AK, Ko JM, Cheng Y, Stanbridge EJ, Lung ML. "Deciphering the molecular genetic basis of NPC through functional approaches." Semin Cancer Biol. 2012, 22:87-95.
- Huang Z, Cheng Y, Chiu PM, Cheung FMF, Nicholls JM, Kwong DL-W, Lee AWM, Zabarovsky ER, Stanbridge EJ, Lung HL*, Lung ML*. (*co-corresponding authorship) "Tumor suppressor Alpha B-crystallin (CRYAB) associates with the cadherin/catenin adherens junction and impairs NPC progression-associated properties." Oncogene 2011, 31:3709-20.
- Lo PH*, Lung HL* (*co-first authorship), Cheung AK, Apte SS, Chan KW, Kwong FM, Ko JM, Cheng Y, Law S, Srivastava G, Zabarovsky ER, Tsao SW, Tang JC, Stanbridge EJ, Lung ML. "Extracellular protease ADAMTS9 suppresses esophageal and nasopharyngeal carcinoma tumor formation by inhibiting angiogenesis." Cancer Res. 2010, 70:5567-76.
- Lung HL, Cheung AK, Cheng Y, Kwong FM, Lo PH, Law EW, Chua D, Zabarovsky ER, Wang N, Tsao SW, Stanbridge EJ, Lung ML. "Functional characterization of THY1 as a tumor suppressor gene with anti-invasive activity in nasopharyngeal carcinoma." Int J Cancer 2010, 127:304-12.