- B.Sc., Xiamen University, China
- Ph.D., Marburg University, Germany
- Postdoctoral: University of Nebraska-Lincoln, USA
Current Research Interests
- The major research interest of Prof. Cai is method development and applications of chromatography coupled with mass spectrometry for trace analysis in complex systems such as environment, food and biological matrices, with focus on metabolomics and proteomics research on human health and diseases associated with environmental pollution.
- Jing Fang, Hongxiu Liu, Hongzhi Zhao, Shunqing Xu, Zongwei Cai, “Concentrations of organochlorine pesticides in cord serum of newborns in Wuhan, China”, Sci. Total Environ., , 761–766 (2018).
- Hongzhi Zhao, Juntong Wei, Li Xiang, Zongwei Cai, “Mass spectrometry investigation of DNA adduct formation from bisphenol A quinone metabolite and MCF-7 cell DNA”, Talanta, , 583-589 (2018).
- Yuanhong Zhong, Zhi-Feng Chen, Xiaoxin Dai, Shuang-Shuang Liu, Guangming Zheng, Xinping Zhu, Shugui Liu, Yi Yin, Guoguang Liu, Zongwei Cai, “Investigation of the interaction between the fate of antibiotics in aquafarms and their level in the environment”, J. Environ. Manage., , 219-229 (2018).
- Zian Lin, Zongwei Cai, “Negative ion laser desorption/ionization time-of-flight mass spectrometric analysis of small molecules by using nanostructured substrate as matrices”, Mass Spec. Rev., 1–16 (2018).
- Chao Zhao, Peisi Xie, Ting Yong, Hailin Wang, Arthur Chi Kong Chung, Zongwei Cai, “MALDI-MS Imaging Reveals Asymmetric Spatial Distribution of Lipid Metabolites from Bisphenol S-Induced Nephrotoxicity”, Anal. Chem., doi: 10.1021/acs.analchem.7b04540 (2018).
- Chak-Shing Kwan, Rundong Zhao, Michel A. Van Hove, Zongwei Cai, Ken Cham-Fai Leung, “Higher-generation type III-B rotaxane dendrimers with controlling particle size in three-dimensional molecular switching”, Nat. Commun., , 497 (2018).
- Hangbiao Jin; Jing Zhu, Zhongjian Chen, Yanjun Hong, Zongwei Cai, “Occurrence and Partitioning of Bisphenol Analogues in Adults' Blood from China”, Environ. Sci. Technol., , 812-820 (2018).
- Hemi Luan, Xian Wang, Zongwei Cai, “Mass spectrometry-based metabolomics: Targeting the crosstalk between gut microbiota and brain in neurodegenerative disorders”, Mass Spectrom. Rev., doi: 10.1002/mas.21553 (2017).
- Li Xiang, Juntong Wei, Xiao Yu Tian, Bei Wang, Wan Chan, Shangfu Li, Zhi Tang, Hongsong Zhang, Wai San Cheang, Qian Zhao, Hongzhi Zhao, Zhiyi Yang, Yanjun Hong, Yu Huang, Zongwei Cai, “Comprehensive Analysis of Acylcarnitine Species in db/db Mouse Using a Novel Method of High-Resolution Parallel Reaction Monitoring Reveals Widespread Metabolic Dysfunction Induced by Diabetes”, Anal Chem., , 10368-10375 (2017) doi: 10.1021/acs.analchem.7b02283. Epub (2017).
- Qianxin Zhang, Ping Chen, Meihui Zhuo, Fengliang Wang, Yuehan Su, Tiansheng Chen, Kun Yao, Zongwei Cai, Wenying Lv, Guoguang Liu, “Degradation of indometacin by simulated sunlight activated CDs-loaded BiPO4 photocatalyst: Roles of oxidative species”, Appl. Catal. B-Environ., , 129-139 (2018).
- Hongzhi Zhao, Wenqian Huo, Jiufeng Li, Xinli Ma, Wei Xia, Zhengji Pang, Mingyi Xie, Shunqing Xu, Zongwei Cai, “Exposure to benzophenones, parabens and triclosan among pregnant women in different trimesters”, Sci. Total Environ., , 578-585 (2017).
- Shujuan Wang, Karen Poon, Zongwei Cai, “Removal and metabolism of triclosan by three different microalgal species in aquatic environment”, J. Hazard. Mater., , 643–650 (2018).